Most WA insurers are now required to cover treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorders, including Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and neurodevelopmental therapies. Successful adoption and implementation of these requirements requires close collaboration among parents, behavior analysts and other healthcare professionals. This workshop will focus on how to ensure therapies are covered.
Participants will learn about:
- terminology used by insurance companies
- What is medical necessity
- What treatments are typically covered by insurance & how is the determination made
- What is an adequate network of treatment providers, what to do if there are no appropriately credentialed in-network providers available to you
- What to do if prescribed care is denied or unreasonably capped
This training is available to organizations serving individuals with developmental disabilities. To schedule a training workshop contact info@WashingtonAutismAdvocacy.org