Many of our member families a)don’t qualify for any social services or aid and b)pay out of pocket for therapies that leaves them no money to afford them a chance to recruit and train childcare for much needed respite.
What your volunteered time means to our families:
- Gift of Time-Give families and children with autism what they need to thrive! Gift of Time promotes socially significant interaction between children and teens with autism and the program volunteer mentors, improves leisure skills and provides member families with much needed respite…Click here for more information!
- Friendship Matters empowers a dynamic group of volunteers, behavioral health and socials skills coaches to bring supported recreational programming (indoor and outdoor leisure) – to youth and adolescents with autism who struggle with friendships. Friendship Matters restores a crucial sense of normalcy to children through shared joy and respect…Click here for more information!
- Family Resource and Advocacy Coordinator -Parenting a child with autism while navigating fragmented systems of support can be extremely stressful. The Washington Autism Alliance & Advocacy Family Resource & Advocacy Coordinators are a lifeline to appropriate supports and services! Our volunteers help member families navigate the maze of social services, healthcare and education, reducing familial stress and improving family preservation. Ideal for someone pursuing a career in social work…Click here for more information!
What volunteering with WAAA means to you:
- Opportunity for lifelong family connections,
- A reference point on your resume,
- A stepping stone for your career in social services, psychology, special education, nonprofit administration and more!
Apply Here: WAAA Volunteer Application
Non-Clinical, administrative volunteer opportunities:
Volunteer Coordination – We provide rewarding, fun and unique opportunities for community members to make a huge difference in the lives of children, adolescents, adults and their families. In partnership with the CEO (Director) the Volunteer Coordinator will act as the first point contact for our volunteers through email and occasionally on the phone. You will recruit volunteers and match them to their ideal volunteer opportunities. Please e-mail info@WashingtonAutismAdvocacy.org for more information.
Social Media Marketing – Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO, the Social Media Marketing Specialist will help develop and implement PR strategies for WAAA via social networking websites. You will be responsible for creating a professional and interesting content to keep our followers engaged and to help increase awareness about our organization. Please e-mail info@WashingtonAutismAdvocacy.org for more information.
Administrative Assistance (office work) – If you’re a self directed Task Master looking to make a difference in lives of those with ASD’s through volunteerism , we want to hear from you. Please e-mail info@WashingtonAutismAdvocacy.org for more information.
There are many other volunteer opportunities available through WAAA. If you have a certain area of interest but don’t see it listed above, we’d love to hear from you! We will work with you to find the perfect volunteer opportunity to match your interest and talents.